Print My Blog – Print, PDF, & eBook Converter WordPress Plugin free WordPress pluginFree
Make printing your blog easy and impressive. For you & your visitors. One post or thousands.
Print My Blog lets you easily print your entire blog to paper, PDF, or eBook. You can also automatically add print buttons to help your visitors print your blog.
Why would I want to print my blog?
- Print your blog to read offline.
- Create a paper backup (book or printout) to read when your blog is taken offline.
- Create a PDF, ePub, or MOBI file as a human-readable, portable backup. Send it to friends, store it in the cloud or a hard drive, or even archive it with a historical organization.
- Copy your entire Blog for quick pasting into another program like Microsoft Word or Google Docs
Why would visitors want to print my blog?
- Share your content with friends offline
- Save it for reading later
- Improve long reads by converting a portion of your blog to eBook or PDF
Give your story life outside your blog!
- loads all your blog’s posts into a single web page so you can print them from your web browser (to paper, PDF, ePub, or anything your web browser supports) or copy-and-paste them into another program (although the other program likely won’t format it as nicely)
- supports printing thousands of blog posts in one click (the record is over 3000 posts)
- prints posts and pages
- does not print ink-guzzlers like site logo, sidebar widgets, or footer
- avoids page breaks inside images, between images and captions, and even right after headers; generally makes the content print-ready
- uses your theme’s and plugins’ styles (so Gutenberg and page builders are supported)
- growing support for plugin and theme shortcodes and Gutenberg blocks
- print your entire blog, or filter by author, date, status (eg draft, pending, private, password-protected, trashed, etc), category, and tags
- optionally prints comments
- optionally places each post on a new page
- resize text
- resize images or remove them altogether
- replaces embedded YouTube videos with a link, full video title, and screenshot
- optionally removes hyperlinks
- optionally includes post’s excerpt
- order posts by date, or pages by the “order” attribute
- place the “Print My Blog” Gutenberg block on a page and allow site visitors to print your blog too
- no watermark in print-out, and attribution optional,
- GDPR compliant (no data is collected about your visitors)
customize it to fit your needs (although we’d curious to hear what you’ve done with it), and even redistribute it. There is no lengthy legal document describing how you’re giving up your rights by using this software!
Want more? Tell us what matters to you on GitHub.
Time to prune your website’s content? You can print it, annotate and sort through a physical stack of paper. Alternatively, scrape content from your WordPress blog, then copy and paste it into a Word document or Google Doc for tweaking.
Want a share a post before it’s posted? Send a draft PDF or printout to someone for review.
Disconnecting offline for a bit? Print your blog to paper, or even an ePub file to read from your Kindle or phone.
Shutting down your site? In addition to making a regular backup (which can only be read by recreating your entire site, which may be difficult as the software it requires gets more dated), make a PDF backup of it.
Wonder what will happen to your blog’s stories after your gone? Your blog might not be online forever, but you can use Print My Blog to distribute readable copies of it to those you care about.
Check out some of the reviews to see pretty exciting uses for Print My Blog.
Besides just converting your blog to a different format, the plugin’s mission is to preserve your blog for decades to come in a low-tech format.
Your website might not be around forever, nor might WordPress. But by printing it, there’s hope your blog’s ideas and stories can live on.
Alternatives to Print My Blog
If this doesn’t meet your needs, there are good paid and free alternatives.
Alternatives for printing your entire blog
printmy.blog we run a hosted version of this same plugin, so you can print your blog without even installing this. Especially useful for WordPress.com users, or those who can’t install the plugin on their site.
(Its free, but won’t use your blog’s styles).
Anthologize is another great plugin for customizing your blog’s content before exporting to an e-book format. Also free.
bloxp converts your blog into an e-book with any type of blog (not just WordPress). Fewer, but different, options. Supported by donations.
MPL – Publisher is another free eBook creator / PDF converter plugin you can use to self-publish a book. Good features but not recently updated.
PressBooks is a good eBook maker. Begin creating or import content for free, and can pay to export to PDF and other formats.
Blog To HTML is actually very similar to Print My Blog. It allows you to export your blog to HTML for eBook creation.
blogbooker prints a book, or creates a PDF, from your blog using their pre-made styles. Paid service.
blog2print ditto, but temporarily requests your username and password. Paid service.
Alternatives for adding print buttons
Print, PDF, Email by PrintFriendly lets visitors easily print to paper, PDF, or email themselves a copy. Easy setup and very customizable. Doesn’t use theme’s styles. The free version is not GDPR-compliant and inserts advertisements.
WP Print Friendly automatically adds a link to print the current post, page, or custom post type. Can convert links to endnotes. Doesn’t use theme’s styles.
WP-Print printouts quite customizable. Requires editing theme files. Does not use theme’s styles.
Print-o-Matic add print buttons with a shortcode. Customizable and can work with theme’s and plugin’s styles.
If you find it useful, please:
- give it a 5 star review
- translate it into your language using WordPress’ GlotPress
- report bugs and suggest features on GitHub or WordPress Support Forum
Best Wishes Preserving Your Blog!
Author: Michael Nelson
Plugin Folder: print-my-blog
Source from: WordPress.org