Genesis Columns Advanced free WordPress pluginFree
Genesis Columns Advanced was originally designed for the Classic Editor and does not integrate that well with the new Gutenberg/Block Editor. While this plugin still functions properly in the current versions of WordPress, we encourage users to begin adopting the columns block in the Block Editor instead of using this plugin. While no new development will be done to integrate this plugin with the new functionality of WordPress, support will still be provided.
This plugin was originally designed to generate shortcodes for every column configuration available with the column classes provided by the Genesis Framework, hence the name. We are pleased to announce that as of version 2.0, the plugin is completely standalone and does not require Genesis. The plugin now loads its own CSS styles, which can be disabled if you desire. See the FAQ for more details. By moving away from Genesis, we have been able to add new features, such as the inclusion of fifths, and it opens the door to more enhancements in the future!
Shortcodes are easily added using a custom button in your WordPress editor. They can also be added manually if you so choose. See the FAQ for more details. Check out the video below for a short demo on the plugin.
- Plugin is fully translatable, .pot file included
- Plugin loads its own CSS column classes and does not require Genesis
- Plugin includes fifths so you can finally add 5 even columns!
- 42 different responsive column configurations available
- Add custom CSS classes to any column
- Includes three utility shortcodes to assist with layout, see the FAQ for more info
- Only adds one button to your WordPress editor
- No plugin settings to configure
- Custom button and TinyMCE popup design integrates seamlessly with the core WordPress aesthetic
If you have questions or would like to request additional features, such as additional utility shortcodes, please let me know in the plugin support forum.
Support This Plugin
There are a few ways you can help support the development of this plugin:
- Rate this plugin! The best show of support is to leave a review.
- Submit a translation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you spot an error or bug, please let us know in the support forums. The issue will be diagnosed and a new release pushed out as soon as possible.
- Donate. Time is money, and contributions from users like you really help us dedicate more hours to the continual development and support of this plugin.
Author: Nick Diego
Plugin Folder: genesis-columns-advanced
Source from: WordPress.org