Spam protection, AntiSpam, FireWall by CleanTalk free WordPress pluginFree
No CAPTCHA, no questions, no animal counting, no puzzles, no math and no spam bots. Universal AntiSpam plugin.
- Stops spam comments.
- Stops spam registrations.
- Stops spam contact emails.
- Stops spam orders.
- Stops spam bookings.
- Stops spam subscriptions.
- Stops spam surveys, polls.
- Stops spam in widgets.
- Stops spam in WooCommerce.
- Real-time email validation. Is email real or Not.
- Checks and removes the existing spam comments and spam users.
- Compatible with mobile users and devices.
- Compatible with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU).
- Blocking disposable & temporary emails.
- No Spam – No Google Penalties. Give your SEO boost.
- Mobile friendly Anti Spam & FireWall.
- Stops spam in Search Form.
- Disable comments.
- Spam FireWall: Anti-Flood.
- Spam FireWall: Anti-Crawler.
- Hide «Website» field for comments.
- Block messages by languages, countries, networks and stop words.
- Email Address Encoder – protection for email addresses published on your site.
Free trial then $12 per year
CleanTalk is an anti-spam plugin which works with the premium Cloud Anti-Spam service cleantalk.org. This plugin as a service https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-org/detailed-plugin-guidelines/#6-software-as-a-service-is-permitted
CleanTalk – Cloud-Based Anti-Spam Service to Keep Your Site Bot-Free.
Compare reCAPTCHA & Akismet VS CleanTalk
I know you have heard of a number of anti-spam plugins. But you must know, the cloud-based ones are the best regarding detection rate. They compare all the content in forms with their own algorithm to find out the legibility.
The key selling point of CleanTalk for me is not simply its effectiveness. It’s the fact that CleanTalk works in the background. It does not make users jump through hoops in order to submit a comment or complete a form.
AntiSpam protection for comments
Native spam protection for WordPress, JetPack comments and any other comment plugins. The plugin moves spam comments to SPAM folder or you can set the option to ban spam comments silently. You can also enable the option in the plugin settings to auto-delete comments from SPAM folder.
Contact Form by WPForms spam filter
Plugin extends Contact Form by WPForms to provide spam protection. It filters spam submissions for each type of forms – simple contact form, marketing form, request a quote and etc.
Elementor Website Builder filter
Plugin extends spam protection for Elementor Website Builder. It filters spam submisssions and tested for contact form type.
Gravity forms spam filter
Plugin extends spam protection for Gravity forms. It filters spam submisssions for any type of forms.
Formidable Form Builder spam filter
Plugin extends spam protection for Formidable Form Builder. It filters spam submisssions for any type of forms – Contact Form, Survey & Quiz Forms.
Contact Form 7 spam filter
Plugin extends spam protection for Contact Form 7 (CF7). It can be used with any other third-party spam filters.
How to protect your Contact Form 7 using CleanTalk Anti-Spam plugin
WooCommerce spam filter
Anti-spam by CleanTalk filters spam registrations and spam reviews for WooCommerce. The plugin is fully compatible with WooCommerce 2.1 and higher.
Spam filter for theme contact forms
The plugin blocks spam emails via any theme (built-in ones included) contact forms. The plugin filters spam emails silently (without any error notices on WordPress frontend) in AJAX forms as well.
bbPress spam filter
Spam protection for everything about bbPress: logins, registrations, forums, topics and replies.
Other spam filters
- WordPress Landing Pages.
- WP User Frontend, UserPro.
- Ninja forms https://ninjaforms.com.
- Contact Form Plugin by Fluent Forms Ninja forms https://fluentforms.com.
- Forminator contact from https://wpmudev.com/project/forminator-pro/.
- Newsletters – MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress (mc4wp.com), MailPoet – emails and newsletters in WordPress (https://www.mailpoet.com/).
- Any WordPress form (checkbox ‘Custom contact forms’).
- Any submission to the site (checkbox ‘Check all POST data’).
Check existing comments for spam. Bulk spam comments removal. Spam comment Cleaner
With the help of anti-spam by CleanTalk you can inspect through existing comments to find and quickly delete spam comments at once. To use this function, go to WP Console -> Comments -> Find spam comments.
Check existing users for spam. Bulk spam accounts removal. Spam users cleaner
With the help of anti-spam by CleanTalk you can inspect through existing accounts to find and quickly delete spam users at once. For use this function, go to WP Console -> Users -> Check for spam. Also, you can export a list of spam users to the CSV.
Private black lists for anti-spam service
Automatically block comments and registrations from your private black IP/email address list.
Hide «Website» field for comments
This option hides the «Website» field from standard WordPress comments forms. After that spammers won’t be able to send spam links using «Website» field in the bottom of the comments form.
Low false/positive rate
This plugin uses multiple anti-spam tests to filter spam bots having as low false/positive rate as possible.
How does CleanTalk improve SEO for your website?
So, you already know that the speed of the site has a direct impact on SEO.
CleanTalk works faster than most of the other anti-spam plugins. It is common knowledge that the faster your site loads, the better your customer experience is, the better your SEO will be, and the better your site will convert. Speed is becoming increasingly important in SEO, conversion and user experience. Today, site speed is one of the most important ranking factors on Google. A site that loads slowly will lose visitors and potential revenue.
Among anti-spam plugins CleanTalk AntiSpam is one of the fastest. Despite the large plugin functionality, the developers have optimized the performance of
the plugin so that AntiSpam by CleanTalk is faster than most analogs. This contributes to the cloud service architecture, as all calculations take place in the cloud, not on the server, the server receives the finished result for further action.
Unlike stand-alone plugins (WP Armour, Antispam Bee, WP Cerber) Anti-Spam by CleanTalk uses less CPU that improves site response, visitors experience and SEO results.
Spam FireWall allows blocking the most active spam bots before they get access to your website. It prevents spam bots from loading website pages so your web server doesn’t have to perform all scripts on these pages. Also it prevents scanning of pages of the website by spam bots. Therefore Spam FireWall significantly reduces the load on your web server. Spam FireWall also makes CleanTalk the two-step protection from spam bots. Spam FireWall is the first step and it blocks the most active spam bots. CleanTalk Anti-Spam is the second step and checks all other requests on the website in the moment of submitting comments/registers etc.
How does Spam FireWall work?
- The visitor enters to your web site.
- HTTP request data are being checked in the nearly 5.8 million of the identified spam bot IPs.
- If it is an active spam bot, the bot gets a blank page, if it is a visitor then he receives a normal page. This process is completely transparent for the visitors.
All the CleanTalk Spam FireWall activity is being logged in the process of filtering.
Spam FireWall: Anti-Flood & Anti-Crawler
Spam FireWall: Anti-Flood and Anti-Crawler options are intended for blocking unwanted bots, content parsing, shop goods prices parsing or aggressive website scanning bots. Learn more https://cleantalk.org/help/anti-flood-and-anti-crawler
Anti-Spam plugin info
CleanTalk is an all-in-one anti-spam solution for WordPress that protects login, comment, contact and WooCommerce forms at once. You don’t need to install separate antispam plugins for each form. It allows your blog to work faster and save resources.
CleanTalk is a transparent antispam tool, we provide detailed stats of all incoming comments and logins. You can always be sure that there are no errors. We have developed a mobile app for you to see antispam stats wherever you want.
We have developed the antispam for WordPress that protects you from spam bots at the maximum level allowing you to provide your visitors a simple and convenient form of comments/registrations without annoying CAPTCHAs and puzzles. CleanTalk detects spam in multistage tests allowing us to block up to 99.998% of spam bots. The anti-spam method offered by CleanTalk avoids inconvenient for communication methods (CAPTCHA, question-answer etc.), and offers to your site visitors a more comfortable one.
CleanTalk is a premium anti-spam service for WordPress, the plugin works with our own CleanTalk Cloud Service. Anti Spam by CleanTalk offers a free trial, you can look at the pricing here. We provide anti-spam services at the highest level. To maintain this level we cannot afford to offer a free version of our service, as this will immediately affect the quality of the providing anti-spam protection. Paying for a year of anti-spam service, you save a lot more and receive:
- Up to 99.998% protection from spam bots.
- Time and resources saving.
- More registrations/comments/visitors.
- Spam protection of the several websites at once in different CMS.
- Ease in installation and using.
- Traffic increase and loyalty to the users.
- 24/7 technical support.
- Clear stats.
- Spam FireWall.
- No captcha (reCaptcha), puzzles, etc.
How to protect sites from spam bots without CAPTCHA?
The most popular anti-spam method is CAPTCHA – the annoying picture with curved and sloping symbols, which are presented to the visitor to decipher and fill in. In is supposed that spam bots won’t discern these CAPTCHA, but a visitor will. CAPTCHA provokes great irritation, but if the visitor wants to comment, he has to fill in these symbols time after time, making mistakes and starting once again. Sometimes CAPTCHA reminds us of the doodles of a two year old child. For users with vision problems CAPTCHA is an insurmountable obstacle. Users hate captcha. Captcha for users means “hate”. Unreadable CAPTCHA stops about 80% of site visitors. After 2 failed attempts to decipher CAPTCHA 95% of visitors reject further attempts. At the sight of CAPTCHA and after input errors, many visitors leave the resource. Thus, CAPTCHA helps to protect the resource spam both from bots and visitors. CAPTCHA is not a panacea from spam. Doubts concerning the Need for CAPTCHA?
“Ultimately, CAPTCHAs are useless for spam because they’re designed to tell you if someone is ‘human’ or not, but not whether something is spam or not.” Matt Mullenweg
You do not have to work in IT to know what spam is. Besides piles of unwanted email, there are spam bots, or special software programs designed to act as human website visitors that post unwelcome messages over the Internet to advertise dubious services. More often than not spam messages do not even make sense. Similar to bacteria and virus mutations developing antibiotic resistance, spam bots are becoming more resilient in penetrating Internet firewalls and security layers.
White Label Mode
To switch the plugin work in the white-label mode you should set up a few settings on your main site in WordPress Multisite Network:
- Check setting “Enable White Label Mode”.
- Fill “Hoster API Key” field with key from CleanTalk’s hoster panel.
- Fill “Plugin name” field. It could be any name you want for the plugin.
- Save settings.
The plugin will do everything rest.
Real-time email validation. Is email real or Not.
It is very important to be sure that the user used his real email address. Spambots very often use fake email addresses, i.e. which addresses do not exist.
CleanTalk will check email addresses for existence in real time.
Non-existing email addresses also entail several other problems for website owners.
- You can never contact them by email,
- the client will never receive any notifications from you (account activation letter, password recovery, email distribution, notifications, etc.),
- if you use email marketing for your clients, then a large number of nonexistent emails in the mailing list may result in your IP address being added to various blacklists of email servers.
Improve your email list with email validation without fake emails.
Blocking disposable & temporary emails
Block fake and suspicious users with disposable & temporary emails to improve email delivery. So, it also prevents malicious activity, spam bots, and internet trolls.
Stops Spam in Search Form
Spam bots can use your search form to make a GET request with spam text. CleanTalk Anti-Spam has the option to protect your website search form from spam bots. Each time, the search generates a new page and if there are many requests, this can create additional load. So, under some conditions, spam searches can be indexed, which affects SEO,
- Spam FireWall blocks access to all website pages for the most active spambots. It lowers your web server load and traffic just by doing this.
- Anti-Spam protection for website search forms repels spambots.
- If your search form gets data too often the CleanTalk Anti-Spam plugin will add a pause and increase it with each new attempt to send data. It saves your web server processor time.
- Spam protection allows you to not forbid indexation for the crawler bots if you really need it but simultaneously you will get protection from spambots.
You will always know what users were looking for on your site.
This option disables comments on your site. You can choose one or several options:
- Disable comments for posts
- Disable comments for pages
- Disable comments for media
When using Disables comments, existing comments will not be deleted and will remain on the pages.
Email Address Encoder
CleanTalk Anti-Spam offers a feature called “Encode contact data” that is designed to encode all email addresses on the website pages. Encoding the email addresses increases the level of protection of contact data from being abused, parsed, getting spammed and used in spam mailing lists by bots and online criminals. To reveal the encoded email address simply click on it and it will be decoded instantly.
Will the anti-spam plugin protect my theme?
Yes, it will. The Anti-spam by CleanTalk is compatible with any WordPress theme.
Should I use other anti-spam tools (Captcha, reCaptcha and etc.)?
CleanTalk stops up to 99.998% of spam bots, so you can disable other anti-spam plugins (especially CAPTCHA-type anti-spam plugins). In some cases several anti-spam plugins could conflict with each other, so it would be better to use just one plugin.
Can I use CleanTalk with Akismet?
Sure, you can use CleanTalk with Akismet. In this case you will probably have higher false/positive rate (when legitimate comments/signups are being denied), but you will have stronger anti-spam protection on your website.
Is CleanTalk better than Akismet?
Please look at this features comparison here https://cleantalk.org/cleantalk-vs-akismet
- Albanian (sq_AL) – thanks to fjalaime https://wordpress.org/support/users/fjalaime/
- French (fr_FR) – thanks to Gilles Santacreu http://net-ik.net
- Spanish (es_ES) – thanks to Andrew Kurtis and WebHostingHub
Max power, all-in-one, premium anti-spam WordPress plugin. No comments & registrations spam, no contact spam, protects any forms. Just install and forget spam.
Plugin Folder: cleantalk-spam-protect
Tags: anti-spam, antispam, comments, firewall, spam
Source from: WordPress.org